First Aid at Work Level 3
This course is designed for anyone wanting to become an accredited workplace first aider or someone who would like to enter the world first aid event cover. It is particularly appropriate to companies/individuals where HSE Guidelines recommend a qualified person within the workplace. You will be taught by ex-military who will help you gain confidence in the skills you are taught. As of 31st December 2016 Defibrillator familiarisation/training became a mandatory element in all First Aid courses.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
- Be able to assess an incident.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- The use of a defibrillator (AED).
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty with external bleeding.
- Be able to manage a casualty who is suffering from shock.
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
- Conduct a secondary survey (Top to Toe).
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from the following:
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Suspected head and spinal injuries.
- Suspected chest injuries.
- Burns and scalds and eye injury.
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty suffering from a variety of medical emergencies such as anaphylaxis, difficulty breathing (Asthma C.O.P.D), Seizures etc.